EQUINE THERAPY PROGRAMS
Horses Spirits Healing, Inc. offers therapeutic horseback riding to adults and children. Regardless of past horse experience, riding lessons start from the ground up, to instill confidence and communication between horse and rider.
Certified instructors teach horsemanship skills that come with benefits that contribute to a person’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Physical benefits include, but are not limited to, increased: balance/posture, core muscle strength, coordination, and motor control. Mental and emotional benefits include but are not limited to increased: confidence, independence, concentration, self-esteem, patience, problem-solving, and improved sequential thought processing.
EQUINE ASSISTED LEARNING
These sessions use a solution-oriented approach, encouraging participants to seek their own effective paths when encountering unfamiliar tasks and develop insights based on their own reactions to the situations.
EAL sessions can be structured for groups or individuals, and include a combination of ground work and riding.
These equine-based activities allow participants to work on goals, such as:
- Increase focus span
- Identify behavioral patterns and emotional responses
- Become mindful of the relationship of feelings to behaviors
- Enhance emotional regulation
- Develop healthier relationships
- Develop trust in a safe environment
- Acquire varied socialization skills
- Improve decision-making and goal-setting skills
- Learn more effective communication skills
- Establish appropriate boundary-setting skills
- Fellowship and camaraderie
- Sense of community and develop desire to engage with community
- Learn and develop caregiving attitudes
Horses Spirits Healing Inc. is happy to announce that we are offering an additional lesson option! Family members of veterans and active duty military may take a lesson along with their loved one free of charge. Please contact us for more information.